Stumbling the blogosphere this week landed me on a lot of new sites. A lot of them themed around travel. I haven’t planned anything for this year yet, but last year landed me in the “land down under.” Where I will land this year is a mystery for now; for me, my wife, and the rest of my family so far. Enough said though, on with my favorites for the week.
1. DailyMoneyTips touched on the biggest benefit of a 401k if your employer uses one!
2. Consumerist interviews a WaMu banker and gets some confessions on how things work.
3. CashMoneyLife gives a few examples of ways to use the Economic Stimulus package that will help you in the long run; NOT the short, which is a better idea, eh?
4. FinancialBlogger gives a few tips to cash in on getting a promotion. I love ideas like this, and I’m certainly going to give them a shot in the next year.
5. SavingFreak saves heat. Harness the suns power? A good idea? SavingFreak gives some stong reasons and examples to do so!
6. ChangeYourTree destructs why thinking you can pay for something isn’t a reason to BUY something. Dig deeper.
7. FrugalDad reviews Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover. It is still on my list of things to read, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.
8. MortgageGuideUK describes the best way to complain. If you’re going to complain about a product, you should have the right firepower to do it right. Some good examples can be found here.
9. FreeFromBroke wraps up a few quintessential quotes from the past Presidents. I love reading inspiring words. Tossing them around the realm of finance and I like them more!
10. WiseBread shows us how to keep “Budget” in Budget Travel. Many times people traveling on a budget find that budget really getting out of hand. I fell for this on my trip to Australia last year, spending 4k more than I thought I would.
Filed Under: 401K • Blogroll • Compensation • Debt • Emergency fund • financial education • Frugal • Giveaways • House • Insurance • Interviews • Investing • Mutual Funds • Net Worth • Passive Income • Portfolio • Readers Requests • Real Estate • Retirement • ROTH IRA • Taxes • Timeshare • Traditional IRA • Weekly Roundup